July 19, 2021
Chris Bils is back from Ohio to talk USMNT, after they beat Canada to win Group B in Kansas City. Victor breaks down all the action from Houston, while Jon ponders what has been going so wrong for FC Dallas. Also, Producer Ross and Chris weigh in on Austin FC’s friendly against Tigres.
- 1:00 - Chris was in Kansas City to take in US vs. Canada. The US opened the scoring in the first 20 seconds through Shaq Moore, and held on to beat Canada 1-0 and win Group B.
- 6:00 - Victor breaks down the crazy Honduras-Panama game, as well as the rest of the Group D action.
- 10:15 - FC Dallas youth product Tanner Tessman heads to Venezia FC, becoming the latest Dallas Academy product to head to Italy.
- 13:00 - FC Dallas loses on the road again, falling 1-0 in Portland.
- 18:15 - Victor previews Dynamo’s trip to Salt Lake to face the Vancouver Whitecaps.
- 20:30 - Austin FC is at home to face the Seattle Sounders, who just took their first loss. Chris previews that one.
- 22:45 - Producer Ross was at Austin FC’s friendly against Tigres, and shared what he saw.
- 28:00 - Best thing I ate
July 12, 2021
Phil West joins Jon Arnold and Victor Araiza to recap a week of defeats for the Texas MLS teams. A week where Victor and Phil switched places, with Phil covering the Dynamo for Victor, while Victor treated himself to an Austin FC match at Q2 Stadium. The three of them also discuss the Gold Cup action thus far, primarily Mexico’s 0-0 draw.
- 1:30 - Phil West was on hand in Houston to watch the Dynamo fall 2-0 to Seattle. Him and Victor discuss what went wrong for the Dynamo.
- 4:40 - The guys discuss the departure of Jamey Roots, who left his post as Dynamo CEO after less than two weeks on the job.
- 7:00 - FC Dallas lost 3-1 in Carson against the Galaxy, Jon recapped the defeat.
- 8:10 - Is Luchi on the hotseat for FCD?
- 11:10 - Victor and Phil switched places, as he was on hand in Austin to watch the Verde lose 2-0 at home to LAFC. He gives his first impression of the atmosphere.
- 13:15 - Phil previews Austin FC’s friendly against Tigres on Tuesday night.
- 16:30 - Jon and Victor talk about Mexico’s shortcomings against Trinidad and Tobago.
- 26:40 - Best thing I ate
July 5, 2021
Chris Bils reflects on a special night for Austin FC, in which the Verde got their first home win and scored their first goals at home, Jon breaks down FC Dallas’ draw against Vancouver and talks about the special connection between Ricardo Pepi and Jesus Ferreira, and Victor speaks on Houston’s draw with Cincinnati.
- 1:00 - Austin FC’s first home win
- 11:15 - FC Dallas draws at home
- 17:30 - Houston Dynamo also draw at home
- 23:00 - Mexican federation trying to schedule women’s friendlies, so that fans can attend the men’s World Cup qualifiers
- 26:20 Best thing I wrote
- 28:00 Best thing I ate
June 28, 2021
Jon Arnold reflects on FC Dallas first win since early May while Chris Bils tries to dissect what's wrong with Austin FC after another draw and Victor Araiza lets us know about the new owner of the Houston Dynamo and Dash.
- 1:02 - Analyzing a win FC Dallas desperately needed
- 3:02 - Is Pepi the starting forward from now on?
- 6:32 - The logjam in the Western Conference standings
- 8:16 - What should Dynamo fans expect from the new owner?
- 12:53 - Does ownership need to be local?
- 17:29 - Austin FC's scoring struggles at Q2 continue
- 25:36 - Looking ahead to the next matches
- 28:24 - Best thing I ate this week
June 21, 2021
Chris Bils tells Jon Arnold and Victor Araiza about his experience covering Austin FC's first match at Q2 Stadium, sharing thoughts on atmosphere, transit and the long journey to get to this point for fans of the game in the capital city. They also chat about FC Dallas' continued issues at Toyota Stadium and how the Houston Dynamo are maintaining their status as the best MLS team in Texas.
1:25 - The elation felt in Austin with Q2 Stadium opening
4:30 - The atmosphere and fans
11:10 - What Austin FC can do for Austin's soccer culture as a whole
14:27 - Looking at the game on the field, a 0-0 draw with the Quakes
17:32 - FC Dallas' 1-1 draw with Minnesota United show continued struggles
21:08 - Is FCD's development strategy to blame?
24:24 - The Dynamo snag a draw in Los Angeles. Is the culture changing?
29:17 - Best thing I ate this week
June 14, 2021
Chris Bils joins Jon Arnold and Victor Araiza to talk about the buzz in Austin with Q2 Stadium set to open Wednesday and host its first Austin FC match Saturday. Plus, thoughts on potential Texas MLS All-Stars, FC Dallas' new midfielder & why the Dynamo need a statement in Los Angeles.
:45 - The feeling in Austin with the stadium set to open
2:20 - Potential jealousy from other fan bases
3:32 - The area around the stadium & gameday logistics
7:39 - Should Austin FC be happy with a draw against Sporting KC
10:44 - Austin FC's challenge on the field in opening Q2
12:18 - Potential All-Star selections from Texas MLS teams
14:25 - What does new signing Facundo Quignon bring to FC Dallas?
18:45 - Why Dynamo fans are focused in on the team's trip to LAFC
21:50 - Best Striker Texas pieces of the week
25:02 - Austin coffee shop and local business talk
June 7, 2021
With the MLS season paused for a weekend due to the international break, Phil West and Ross Fisher joined Chris Bils, as well as Victor Araiza calling in from Denver, to break down US Soccer’s 3-2 win over bitter rivals Mexico in the CONCACAF Nations League Final.
7:00 - Phil speaks on the win’s significance for the young crop of USMNT players.
8:00 - Ross explains why Weston McKennie was his MOTM.
11:00 - Victor describes Pulisic’s decisive penalty from his perspective in the stadium.
14:00 - Chris looks ahead to a potential US-Mexico rematch in the Gold Cup Final.
15:00 - Phil and Victor discuss the refereeing.
18:00 - Victor and Phil talk about the resurgence of the rivalry.
21:00 - Did the US deserve to win?
25:00 - Victor talks about the Mexico fans’ vulgar chants that invoked CONCACAF’s anti-discrimiantion protocols, which halted play.
33:00 - Chris and Phil look ahead to Austin FC’s trip to Kansas City next weekend.
34:30 - Everyone shares the best thing they ate and the best thing they wrote last week. Phil also got a chainsaw this weekend.
June 1, 2021
With the June international break upon us, Jon Arnold, Chris Bils and Victor Araiza look back and evaluate the performances of FC Dallas, Austin FC and the Houston Dynamo to this point in the season plus
- 1:42 - Weekend lookback focusing on Austin's draw with the Seattle Sounders
- 4:24 - Letter grade for Austin FC so far this season
- 8:24 - Highlights from Chris Bils' interview with Claudio Reyna
- 11:11 - FC Dallas' letter grade
- A brief Mexico interlude
- 16:18 - The grade comes in for the Houston Dynamo
- 20:29 - Who's the best team in the Western Conference right now?
- 24:30 - Best piece of the week on The Striker Texas
- 27:18 - Best thing I ate this weekend
May 25, 2021
Victor Araiza, Jon Arnold and Chris Bils chat about potential new ownership for the Houston Dynamo, plus the team's current hot streak with two wins in the last three games.
Then, they look at Austin FC's struggles in Nashville and FC Dallas getting just one point despite being the better team against Real Salt Lake. The show closes with each writer's favorite piece from the week and the best thing they ate all weekend.
:53 - Potential new ownership in Houston
6:17 - Dynamo top Whitecaps, are they the best MLS team in Texas?
9:05 - The case against Houston
11:07 - Will Austin FC's current struggles be short-lived?
15:17 - Danny Hoesen's struggles in Verde
18:02 - Weekend preview
23:52- How significant will Copa Tejas matches be this season?
25:08 - Favorite The Striker Texas pieces of the week
28:13 - Best thing I ate this weekend
May 17, 2021
Texas' MLS teams went on the road Saturday and came back with zero points between the three of them. Jon Arnold, Chris Bils and Victor Araiza chat about which, if any, should be panicking. Then, they talk about how the newly released salary numbers reframe some of the discussions about each team's roster before closing with their top story on The Striker Texas this week and the best thing they ate this weekend.
1:11 - Putting panic in perspective
5:43 - Why the Dynamo's midweek win lessens urgency
7:30 - Highly paid players not living up to price tags for FC Dallas, Dynamo
9:33 - Austin FC salary number thoughts
12:05 - Where the Texas teams rank in spending on salaries
20:05 - A happy ending to a social media campaign #ReleaseTheKit
22:25 - Why to subscribe to The Striker Texas and each writer's top story of the week
26:10 - A story of kindness and shrimp fried rice + the best thing I ate this weekend