October 25, 2021
Jon Arnold is joined by Victor Araiza and Chris Bils, as always, to break down a week that featured some Copa Tejas action, some managers swearing and a hat trick from Cristian Arango.
- 2:00 - Austin beats Houston 2-1 at home; Verde will not battle it out with FCD for Copa Tejas
- 12:15 - FCD draw LA Galaxy and lose to LAFC, with Cristian Arango scoring a hat trick
- 20:00 - Josh Wolff hits back at reporter's question, calling it "bullsh*t", after ATX lose 4-0 in San Jose
- 27:00 - Dallas and Houston show off facilities as they vie to host 2026 World Cup matches
October 18, 2021
As always, Jon Arnold is joined by Chris Bils and Victor Araiza to discuss the week in MLS happenings. Houston Dynamo got a big win at home over the Western Conference pacemaking Seattle Sounders. Austin FC was in action at home as well, but the Verde lost to Minnesota United.
- 1:45 - Houston 2-1 Seattle — Is it an overreaction to one game, or is Houston looking good for 2022?
- 10:30 - Austin 0-1 Minnesota
- 18:25 - Next week, FCD takes on LAFC at home
- 19:15 - Austin goes to San Jose
- 20:20 - Houston takes on Galaxy at home
- 21:55 - Houston at Austin will be on ESPN on Sunday
- 28:00 - Best thing I ate/wrote
October 11, 2021
Jon Arnold is joined by Victor Araiza and Chris Bils to discuss an up-and-down week of World Cup qualification for the US. The prodigal son, Pepi, scored another brace at Q2 and led the US to a 2-0 win over Jamaica. Gregg Berhalter over-rotated the squad that faced Panama, and the US lost on Sunday night. Chris and Victor preview MLS matches for Austin FC and the Dynamo.
- 2:00 - US loses 1-0 in Panama
- 12:00 - US 2-0 Jamaica — Pepi brace at Q2
- 18:00 - Kervin Arriaga to ATX?
- 22:00 - Previewing Dynamo-Sounders
- 24:30 -Austin FC set to take on Minnesota United
- 27:00 - Best thing I ate/wrote
October 4, 2021
Theo Lloyd-Hughes joins the show to break down the current state of NWSL, following commissioner Lisa Baird's resignation amid allegations of abuse levied at former North Carolina coach Paul Riley. Chris Bils breaks down Austin FC's 2-1 win over RSL, before Q2 Stadium and Austin welcomes the US Men's National Team for their World Cup Qualifying match against Jamaica on Thursday.
- 2:00 - Theo explains the current state of NWSL, amid widespread concerns of abuse in the women's game.
- 8:00 - Theo explains the broader effect on the sport in the United States, as plenty of U.S. Soccer stakeholders are implicated in the ongoing allegations.
- 13:00 - Austin FC beat RSL 2-1 at home
- 19:00 - Houston loses 4-2 on the road to SKC
- 24:00 - FCD draws 0-0 with Minnesota United
- 27:00 - USMNT comes to Austin to take on Jamaica in WCQ
September 27, 2021
Austin FC got one of its biggest wins in club history with a 2-0 triumph over LA Galaxy. Moussa Djitte got his first MLS goal, while Lonestar academy product McKinze Gaines became the first Austinite to score for the club. Houston's road woes continued, and Marco Ferruzi is off to a bad start as interim coach of FCD.
- 2:30 - Austin FC gets a huge win over the Galaxy!
- 11:45 - Houston lost on the road, again, in Minnesota
- 19:30 - Should Franco Jara try out as a kicker for the Canadian Football League?
- 20:15 - FC Dallas does not pick up a new manager bounce, and fell 1-0 in Vancouver
- 21:40 - Is Ferruzzi the man for the FCD job? Plus more on Dallas' future
- 27:00 - A brief preview of next week’s midweek MLS fixtures
- 27:40 - Best thing I ate/best thing I wrote
September 20, 2021
This week Jon Arnold visited Victor Araiza in Houston, where the Dynamo beat FC Dallas 3-2. Chris was in Austin where Austin FC went up 3-1 against San Jose, but squandered the lead entirely and lost 4-3. FC Dallas head coach Luchi Gonzalez was fired on Sunday, following the FC Dallas loss in Houston.
- 1:50 - Luchi sacked
- 7:00 - Lots of MLS head coaching vacancies in MLS
- 11:45 - Takeaways from the Dynamo's win over FCD
- 15:20 - What happened in Austin on Saturday night?
- 20:00 - Austin continuing to find new ways to lose in dramatic fashion
- 26:00- Best thing I ate/Best thing I wrote
September 14, 2021
Chris Bils steps in as host with Jon Arnold on his way to NYC, and is joined by Phil West Victor Araiza as they unpack a win, draw loss week for Texas MLS that included a huge relief for Houston in a local rivalry game.
0:30 - Teasing Phil West about his hot-wing challenge.
2:20 - What stuck out for Houston, after its 3-0 win over ATX.
9:00 - What's the relationship like between the higher earning players and Verde head coach Josh Wolff?
18:50 - The Pepi train keeps on rolling as FCD draw 1-1 with San Jose Earthquakes.
21:20 - Midweek MLS Preview
24:45 - The Texas Derby will climax on Saturday night, Victor breaks down what is at stake.
32:00 - Best thing I ate/Best thing I wrote
September 7, 2021
Things have gotten so dire for the Texas MLS teams that even Sebastian Salazar and Hercules Gomez, co-hosts of ESPN FC, commiserated with their pals over at The Striker Texas. Jon Arnold is joined by Chris Bils and Victor Araiza to lament over this week of Texas MLS action, as all three teams lost again.
1:30 - Josh Wolff tinkered a little too much in Vancouver, and Austin FC squandered its 1-0 lead.
8:30 - FC Dallas also squandered a 1-0 lead, losing 3-2 to RSL.
10:30 - Should MLS still play through the international break?
15:00 - Houston lost 2-0 at home to Portland
19:00 - More on Houston’s struggles
22:30 - Houston will host Austin this weekend
26:30 - Best thing I ate/Best thing I wrote
August 31, 2021
Victor Araiza and Chris Bils join Jon Arnold as always, following a week where the Dynamo sacking GM Matt Jordan — and Ricardo Pepi scoring goals and getting called up to the USMNT — dominated the headlines. There were plenty of goals in Austin when Jon traveled down I-35 to meet up with Chris, and the two were also in LA for the MLS All-Star Game.
- 1:00 - Houston fell at home to Minnesota United
- 2:15 - The Dynamo part ways with former GM Matt Jordan
- 5:15 - Victor weighs in on the Jordan news
- 8:50 - Who should Houston hire?
- 10:00 - MLS All-Stars beat Liga MX All-Stars in a shootout, Pepi scored the winning penalty
- 13:00 - More on Pepi, after he accepted a call up with the USMNT for WCQ and scored a brace in FCD's 5-3 win in Austin
- 16:00 - Chris pontificates what went wrong for Austin FC on Sunday night
- 24:00 - Can FCD become a force and make the playoffs?
- 27:00 - Best thing I ate/wrote
August 24, 2021
Jon Arnold and Chris Bils hop on the podcast from LA, and are joined by Victor Araiza in Houston.
- 1:00 - What’s going on in Houston?
- 9:30 - FCD 2-2 HTX
- 14:00 - Austin beat Portland 3-1!
- 20:00 - Josh Wolff’s good luck Verde shirt
- 22:00 - Jon is very much looking forward to the MLS-Liga MX All-Star Game Skills Contest
- 25:00 - MLS and Liga MX’s best set to face off